LATEST PARTNERSHIP ANNOUNCED– 26th June 2014- Julia Suzuki
What is a Patron of Reading?
A Patron of Reading is a school’s special, designated children’s author with whom the school forms a personal attachment. They will work with the school for a period of approximately three years to raise the profile of reading for pleasure with pupils, parents and staff.
What does a patron do?
- Visit the school regularly (at least once every year).
- Write a blog or newsletter about books they are reading, their own work, book awards, etc.
- Support the Summer Reading Challenge (or any other reading challenge).
- Donate (a couple of) copies of any new books to the school library.
- Share any new ideas they hear regarding reading, books and libraries.
- Interact with pupils and parents on the school’s website or the author’s website.
- Occasionally write to pupils who do something outstanding in terms of reading (eg make amazing progress, win a competition, etc).